Diablo Analytical has released a completely new version of its flagship EZReporter software: EZReporter 4.0
EZReporter 4.0 was completely re-written to take advantage of the latest software development technologies. While the overall “look and feel” of EZReporter 4.0 should be familiar to EZReporter 3.0 users, a large number of enhancements have been made to the user interface and program functionality.
Some of the more significant enhancements are described below.
New Editions and Modules
- A new “Data Analysis” Edition is being introduced with EZReporter 4.0. The Data Analysis Edition allows you to edit configuration files and reprocess EZReporter data files without requiring you to pay for an instrument processing license.
- The Natural Gas Liquids/Extended calculations and reporting have been moved to a separate Natural Gas Liquids Module that is licensed separately from the Natural Gas Analysis Module.
Data and Configuration Files Enhancements
- The format of EZReporter data files and configuration files has been changed from a Windows “INI” file format to an “XML” file format. This change removes limitations on the types of settings and data that can be stored in the files and will allow better support for languages other than English.
- EZReporter 4.0 data files can contain the original configuration file that was used to generate the report. This can make it easier to reproduce a report on a different computer.
- EZReporter 4.0 configuration files now contain the export and import templates that were previously saved in separate files. This makes it easier to back up complete configurations and transfer them to different computers.
- The fonts for virtually all text fields in EZReporter printed reports and corresponding PDF files can be now customized by the end user.
Text File Export Enhancements
- The export template that defines the format of the exported text file is now saved in the configuration file rather than being located in a separate export template file. This simplifies backup and transferring your configuration to a different computer.
- Export variables in the export template are now color-coded so that they can be easily identified when editing the template.
- A new tool allows you to select from a categorized list of export variables and insert the selected variable into the export template.
Results Processing Enhancements
- Sample processing from chromatography data systems is now integrated into EZReporter through the new “Sample Processing” tab and the use of a “plug-in” connector architecture to add support for different data systems.
- A sample processing log table displays recent samples that have been processed by EZReporter. You can review the raw data from each sample in the table and re-submit the sample for processing.
- Processing of results from multiple instruments is now supported.
- You can now define “rules” to determine which configuration file is loaded when processing results. Rules can be based on the Sample Name, Method Filename, Sample Comments, or User name. Each instrument can have its own set of rules.
License Activation Enhancements
- License activation can now be done automatically if your computer has an Internet connection. However, for computers without an Internet connection, manual activation is still an option.
- The size and location of the main EZReporter program window and the configuration editor window are saved and restored upon startup.
New user-interface elements like toolbars and navigation bars improve ease of use.
- You can now copy and paste results from the EZReporter result tables directly into Excel, Word, or other programs without having to export to a text file first.
Enhancements to Water Content Calculations (NGA Edition)
- A new Water Calculations page has been added to the configuration editor to help create reports requiring results to be calculated under different water content conditions.
- In addition to reporting “Dry” results, you can report “Saturated” results (results for a water-saturated gas at the base temperature and pressure), “Flowing” results (results for a water-saturated gas at a user-specified flowing temperature and pressure), and “As measured” results (results for a partially water-saturated gas as measured by an external water analyzer).
- You can enter the water amount for the “As Measured” calculation using units of either “Mole%” or “Pounds/MMCF”
Added GPA 2261-13 Reproducibility and Repeatability (NGA Edition)
- Support for the GPA 2261-13 reproducibility and repeatability criteria have been added. You can compare two results from the results database or compare a single result with a check standard using either the GPA 2261-00 or 2261-13 reproducibility or repeatability criteria.
- You can enter component amounts for a check standard to use in making reproducibility and repeatability comparisons with sample results.
Added GPA 2186-14 Support (NGL Edition)
- The GPA 2186-14 “Bridging” and “Allocation” calculation methods are now supported in addition to the GPA 2186-02, “Separate” and “Combined” calculation methods supported by EZReporter 3.0.
For more information about EZReporter 4.0, please visit the product page: