Diablo Analytical has released Version 220.127.116.11 of the EZReporter Software. This release includes the following enhancements:
- Added two new user-defined component settings to the component table in the configuration editor:
- UserTag: A user-defined text “Tag” that can be displayed in the report or exported to text files.
- UserConstant: A user-defined numeric constant that can be displayed in the report, exported to text files, used in calculated result formulas, or displayed as a monitored parameter.
- Added two new component types to the component table in the configuration editor:
- Reporting Group: A group that is comprised of multiple peak result components. The reporting group is only displayed in the component table on the main sample report and is intended to simplify reports containing a large number of components by grouping them together. The component results displayed for the group in the component results table are the sum of the individual components that comprise the group. To edit the components in the reporting group, click the […] button that is displayed on the right edge of the “Component Type” cell in the component table.
- Calculated Component: A component for which the raw amount is calculated from a formula rather than deriving from a standard peak/group result. The formula used to calculate the amount can include the raw amount, peak area, and user constant from other components. To edit the calculated component formula, click the […] button that is displayed on the right edge of the “Component Type” cell in the component table.
- Added two additional settings to the component table in the configuration editor:
- Exclude From Report: If this checkbox is checked, the specified component isn’t displayed in the component results table in the main sample report. However, it is included in normalization and calculations.
- Exclude From Calculations: If this checkbox is checked, the specified component is not included in the normalization and subsequent NGA/NGL calculations. Only the peak retention time, peak area, and raw amount will have non-zero values.
- Numeric custom sample information fields can now be used in Calculated Result and Calculated Component formulas. The “Numeric” checkbox in the sample information field configuration table must be checked.
- Added an option to allow components with a raw amount of 0 to be added to the results database. The existing behavior is not to add components with an amount of 0 to the database for performance reasons. Enabling this option allows all components to be viewed in the sample results summary and component detail tables of the Results Database. This setting can be found in the Results Database Processing section of the configuration editor and is unchecked by default. If your configuration includes a large number of components that may have an amount of zero (typically a natural gas liquids/extended analysis), then you may want to leave this unchecked.
- The INFICON Micro GC Fusion connector plugin now calculates Total Calibrated Peak Area, Total Uncalibrated Peak Area, Total Peak Area, and Total Concentration from the peak results in the JSON file when processing results, and makes those values available as Sample Tags in the raw results.
- Added provisional support for the Perkin Elmer TotalChrom data system.
A complete list of fixes and enhancements is provided in the release notes.
Installing this Release
If you are running version 18.104.22.168 or later, you can download and install the correct version of the software using the “Check for Updates” option of the “Help” menu.
Otherwise, simply download and run the installation program from the download page.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you download the installer that includes support for the chromatography data system you are using.
NOTE: The “web” version of the installer can be used to upgrade an existing installation even if the computer doesn’t have Internet access.
Your current version of EZReporter will be uninstalled and the new version installed automatically. Your license status will be preserved.
About Diablo EZReporter Software
The Diablo EZReporter software is a flexible, advanced, post-run data analysis and reporting solution for any instrument that can be controlled by a supported chromatography data system. The EZReporter Natural Gas Analysis and Natural Gas Liquids Editions are state-of-art solutions for natural gas analysis and natural gas liquids/extended reporting.
For more information: Diablo EZReporter Software
The price to upgrade to EZReporter 4.0 from earlier versions of EZReporter and BTU Calculator will depend on 1) the number of licenses, 2) the edition you are upgrading from and upgrading to, and 3) the number of instruments you want to license.
For Additional Information:
Contact Diablo Analytical if you have any questions about EZReporter 4.0.