Diablo Analytical will be closed on Wednesday, December 24th, Thursday, December 25th, and Thursday, January 1st, 2015. We wish all our customers, partners, and friends a happy holiday season and prosperous new year.
Diablo Analytical will be closed on Thursday, November 27th and Friday, November 28th for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Happy Thanksgiving!
Lecture and Lab Training on Frontier Lab Pyrolysis Products
November 2014 – Course is Full
Please contact Frontier Laboratories USA to receive information about future courses.
Diablo Analytical, Inc.
5141 Lone Tree Way
Join Terry Ramus, Ph.D., Dave Randle, Technical Director, and Itsuko Iwai, Senior Analyst, for 3 full days of lectures and labs. You’ll learn how to quickly characterize materials, optimize parameters, perform precise quantitation, and maintain your Frontier pyrolyzer for quality results in your lab.
- Pyrolysis Demystified
- Hardware Overview
- Pyrolysis GC/MS Use
- Run real samples
- Data review tools
- Sample Preparation
- Method Development
- Materials Characterization & Unknowns Method Map
- Routine Maintenance
- Common Questions
- Universal Applications
- Advanced Techniques
GC/MS Basics Optional Training
Join world renowned professor, author, and mass spectrometry expert, Dr. O. David Sparkman, for an information packed day all about GC/MS. The course is optional to the Pyrolysis User’s Training Course.
- Definition of GC/MS techniques
- Types and components of GC/MS
- Data acquisition requirements
- Columns and injectors
- MS ionization types
- Data Analysis Introduction:
- Classroom Lectures
- Interpretation – nitrogen rule – fragmentation mechanisms
- Introduction to MS databases for identification of unknowns
- Introduction to AMDIS
April 7th, 2014
November 10th, 2014
Details and Registration
Diablo Analytical will be attending Pittcon 2014 from March 2 – 6, 2014 at the McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois. We will be located in the Quantum Analytics booth #2453. Please stop by to discuss the 5000A Real-Time Gas Analyzer, EZReporter Software, or our custom application development and laboratory analysis capabilities. Our partner, Frontier Laboratories is exhibiting their pyrolysis GC-MS systems, including the new Tandem Micro Reactor, also in Quantum Analytics booth #2453.
Diablo Analytical has released Version 3.0.2 of the EZReporter Software. In addition to a number of fixes, this new release includes the following enhancements:
NGA Edition Enhancements
- Added a new option to the NGL configuration that allows the extended fraction results (MW, Density, etc.) to be used as the C6+ calculation constants in a “Separate” report.
- Added a new option to the NGL configuration that allows the user to define additional extended fractions (C5+, C7+, etc.) to be calculated and reported in addition to C6+.
- Added an option to print a Total Component Summary report for C6+/Extended analysis reports. The report includes the mole%, weight%, and liquid vol% for all standard and extended range components normalized to 100%.
Standard Edition Enhancements
- Added new option to report control to append additional text information to the end of the main printed report. The text to append is read from a simple text file.
- If no title or subtitle is specified in the report configuration, there is no longer a blank line printed in the report for those items.
A complete list of fixes and enhancements is provided in the release notes.
Installing this Release
To install this release, simply download and run the installation program linked below. You current version of EZReporter will be uninstalled and the new version installed automatically. Your license status will be preserved.
Important: If you are using a modified version of one of the default configuration files, make sure that you rename the configuration file from the original file name. Whenever you install EZReporter, the default configuration files are reset to their standard settings, so any customizations you have made would be lost.
About Diablo EZReporter Software
The Diablo EZReporter software provides advanced post-run reporting and analysis for the Agilent Technologies ChemStation or EZChrom Elite/SI/Open Lab Chromatography Data Systems, and the INFICON EZ IQ chromatography data system. Diablo’s EZReporter software is a flexible, advanced analysis and reporting solution for any instrument that can be controlled by a supported data system. The EZReporter Natural Gas Edition is the state-of-art solution for natural gas analysis and natural gas liquids reporting. The new Analog & Digital Output Module allows you to interface chromatographic and natural gas analysis results with process control systems.
For more information: Diablo EZReporter Software
EZReporter 3.0 is a free upgrade for customers with existing licenses of EZReporter 2.0 or earlier. However, if you upgrade you will need to reactivate the software.
Contact Diablo Analytical if you have any questions about EZReporter 3.0.
Diablo Analytical has added support for the Agilent Technologies 5977A Mass Selective Detector (MSD) and the MassHunter GC/MS Acquisition software to the Diablo 5000A Real-Time Gas Analyzer (RTGA). Version 126.96.36.199 of the MS Sensor software has been released and includes a new instrument driver for controlling the 5977A MSD or other instruments that utilize the MassHunter GC/MS Acquisition software (for single quadrupole instruments).
For more information about the 5000A RTGA:Diablo 5000A Real-Time Gas Analyzer