The 2012 Gulf Coast Conference will be held on OCT 16-17, 2012 at the Moody Gardens Convention Center in Galveston, Texas. Diablo Analytical, and our partners Quantum Analytics, Frontier Laboratories, and ASAP Analytical will be attending and presenting workshops, technical papers, and exhibiting products and services. For details on our activities at the Gulf Coast Conference, see our event calendar.
Diablo Analytical has released Version 3.0 of the EZReporter Software. In addition to bug fixes and miscellaneous minor enhancements, this new release of the EZReporter adds the following significant new capabilities:
Standard Edition/Base Module Enhancements
The following enhancements apply to all editions of the EZReporter software:
- Calculated Results – new Calculated Results are based on custom formulas you enter using a “Formula Builder”. The Formula Builder allows you to select from a list of available result variables and supported arithmetic operators to build a custom formula that will be evaluated to a numeric value when processing results. The Calculated Result is then displayed in the Results Summary part of the report along with a descriptive caption that you also specify.
- Report enhancements – automatically save a PDF version of the report to a designated folder.
- Report enhancements – set report margins to allow for printing onto letterhead.
- Report enhancements – all report labels and table headers can now be customized.
- Report enhancements – added an option to Report Control to include only components with amount > 0 in the displayed/printed component report.
New Analog & Digital Output Module
Responding to requests from customers who need to interface their chromatography and natural gas analysis results with process control systems, Diablo has added a new Analog & Digital Output Module as an optional add-on for EZReporter. The EZReporter Analog & Digital Output Module allows you to generate 4-20 mA analog outputs and digital/alarm outputs based on Monitored Parameter results using National Instruments Compact FieldPoint I/O hardware.
Important: This add-on module requires the National Instruments Compact FieldPoint distributed I/O hardware, purchased separately.
For more information: EZReporter Analog and Digital Output Module
About Diablo EZReporter Software
The Diablo EZReporter software provides advanced post-run reporting and analysis for the Agilent Technologies ChemStation or EZChrom Elite/SI/Open Lab Chromatography Data Systems. Diablo’s EZReporter software is a flexible, advanced analysis and reporting solution for any instrument that can be controlled by a supported data system. The EZReporter Natural Gas Edition is the state-of-art solution for natural gas analysis and natural gas liquids reporting. The new Analog & Digital Output Module allows you to interface chromatographic and natural gas analysis results with process control systems.
For more information: Diablo EZReporter Software
EZReporter 3.0 is a free upgrade for customers with existing licenses of EZReporter 2.0 or earlier. However, if you upgrade you will need to reactivate the software.
Contact Diablo Analytical if you have any questions about EZReporter 3.0.
Welcome to Diablo Analytical’s new web site. In addition to having a more modern “look and feel” with better tools for navigating the site, it also has a number of enhancements that will improve our ability to support our customers.
Our new Event Calendar will display training courses, workshops, and other events that we and several of our partners have scheduled. If you click on a particular event in the agenda or calendar view, you will see the event details – date, location, description – and you can click a button to add the event to your Outlook or other calendar.
We have added Support Forums to help support our products. Post support questions and receive answers from other customers or from Diablo technical support personnel. The forums also include Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for many of our products.
Connect via Social Media
We have also created company pages on Facebook and LinkedIn to enhance our channels of communication. The Facebook and LinkedIn icons in the site menu bar will connect you directly to our company pages on the respective sites.
Our thanks to Clifton Creative Web for designing our new site.
Diablo Analytical has released our MPValve Universal Software. This new release of the MPValve Software adds support for Valco Instruments (VICI) two-position switching valves and “universal” actuators. It is also recommended for use with the Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit) operating systems.
About MPValve Universal
The Diablo MPValve Universal software controls Valco Instruments (VICI) multi-position/selector valves and two-position/switching valves via RS-232 serial communications using either the micro-electric or universal actuator. The software consists of two applications: MPValve Controller and MPValve Sequencer. The MPValve Controller application allows both interactive and automated control of valve position, while MPValve Sequencer is a stand-alone valve sequencing application.
For more information: Diablo MPValve Universal Software
MPValve Universal is a free upgrade for customers with existing licenses of MPValve 3.0 or earlier. However, if you upgrade you will need to reactivate the software.
Contact Diablo Analytical if you have any questions about MPValve Universal.
EZReporter 126.96.36.199 Released: See the Release Notes for complete information on this release. This is a free upgrade for licensed installations of EZReporter 1.0. For more information on EZReporter 2.0, or to download the installer or any of the Quick Start guides, please visit the EZReporter Product Page. Some of the enhancements included in this update are:
Base Module / Standard Edition
- EZChrom Connector Enhancements: The EZChrom “connector” program now automatically detects the delimiter character (tab or comma) used by EZChrom when it writes the external-standard (.ESD) text files.
- New Quick Start Start Guide: Ships with the new quick start guide for use with the Agilent Technologies ChemStation software
Natural Gas Analysis Edition
- New ISO Calculations and Results: Adds support for the ISO 6976 Standard with corresponding physical property data sources and default configuration files.
- Natural Gas Liquids – Extended (C6+) Fraction Calculations and Reports: Adds support for GPA 2186-type natural gas liquids (NGL), extended (C6+) fraction reporting. Includes separate/combined reporting of the extended fraction and correction of the extended fraction raw amounts using a “bridge” correction factor.
- Support for the GPA 2177-03 Standard: Adds support for the GPA 2177-03 Standard with raw component amounts calibrated in liquid volume%.
- New Physical Property Data Sources: Adds several new physical property data sources including GPA TP-17 (1998 revision). ISO 6976 at 15/15 DegC and at 25/20 Deg C.
- Support for Raw Component Amounts in Weight% and Liquid Volume%: For NGL applications you can calibrate the GC method in Weight% instead of Mole%. EZReporter will automatically convert the raw Weight% amounts from the data system to Mole% and Liquid Volume%.Similarly, for GPA 2177-03 applications, EZReporter will automatically convert raw Liquid Volume% amounts to normalized Mole% and Weight%.
Results Database Module
- New Results added to Database: The new NGL – Extended Fraction results are now saved in the Results Database.