Hydrogen/helium detection kit for the Agilent Technologies 5975/77 GC-MSD.
Includes low-gauss magnet (220 +/- 15 Gauss), ultrawide draw-out lens plate (6-mm), and hydrogen/helium optimization tuning macros.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
1) This quote does not include installation of the low-gauss magnet or ultrawide draw-out lens. Due to the potential for damage to the quadrupole assembly, we do not provide instructions for installation and instead, recommend installation be performed by an authorized Agilent Technologies service engineer who is familiar with source and quadrupole maintenance.
2) Custom hydrogen and helium optimization tune macros are included with this kit. These MSD ChemStation and MassHunter Acquisition (Single Quad) macros use the hydrogen or helium carrier gas and PFTBA tuning compound to perform a custom tune that optimizes the respose of the mass analyzer for hydrogen or helium.
1) the optimization tune can result in reduced sensitivity for higher mass species.
2) the electron energy is usually optimized to a value that is different than the standard 70 EV, which can impact the library searchability of the spectra.
3) These modifications and optimization tunes enable the Agilent Technologies 5975/5977 MSD to detect low-mass species like hydrogen or helium. However, Diablo Analytical makes no guarantee regarding the sensitivity of the system to hydrogen, helium, or any other species.