Dr. Robert Adams, December 8, 1939 ~ December 2, 2020.
Dr. Robert Adams, author of Essential Oil Components by GC/MS, passed away in St. George, Utah on December 2, 2020. We extend our condolences to Dr. Adams family, friends, and colleagues.
His wish was for the Essential Oils Library to continue to be available to customers after his death. To ensure this, he transferred the rights to the database to Diablo Analytical and asked that the price be reduced to make the database more accessible to all. The new pricing will be available for all sales occurring on or after December 1st, 2020.
The Essential Oils by GC/MS library was born over 40 years ago, when Professor Robert P. Adams began his research on terpenes, and populated the library with his research and the contributions of dozens of respected plant biologists around the world.
Version 4 of the Terpene library now includes the spectra and retention times for 2,205 compounds. This product includes a searchable database in either Agilent, Shimadzu, or NIST compatible formats and an electronic copy of the book “Essential Oil Components by GC/MS” with spectra, retention times, structures, and more.
New: This NIST version of the library is significantly enhanced to include electronic structures. In addition it also includes:
- Chiral structures are displayed and are searchable for all compounds.
- Retention Index is in the NIST comments field, with chromatographic conditions disclosed.
- Retention index is now displayed in the NIST search report, thus adding easy secondary confirmation of compound identity.
- InChlKey provides access to PubChem for structure confirmation.
- Compound names have retention time prefix removed. Now you can perform searches by compound name.
Note: the retention time prefix has been moved to the comments field.
Existing owners of the NIST version of the Essential Oil Components Database may order upgrades.
Important: If you are ordering either DVD or USB media and your shipping address is outside the United States, please review the International Terms and Conditions.
More information on the database may be found on the prduct web page: