The Diablo MPValve 5.0 software interfaces with Valco Instruments (VICI) multi-position/selector valves and two-position/switching valves through either the micro-electric or universal actuator via RS-232 or USB serial communications. MPValve 5.0 allows both interactive and automated control of valve position using command-line parameters and programmed valve sequences.
MPValve 5.0 combines the features of the MPValve Universal Controller and Sequencer programs from earlier versions of the software into a single application and adds enhanced sequencing capabilities.
MPValve 5.0 allows both interactive and automated control of a Valco (VICI) multi-position and two-position switching valves using command-line parameters. It is designed to provide a means to control a multi-position or two-position valve from a third-party sequencer or data system like the Agilent Technologies ChemStation or MassHunter GC/MS.
- Allows the position of Valco Instruments (VICI) multi-position stream-select valves and two-position switching valves to be set easily through computer control.
- Valve position can be set manually either by incementing/decrementing from the current position or by selecting a specific port/postion.
- Valve position can also be set by calling the MPValve application with command-line parameters specifying the desired position. This allows the valve position to be set automatically from sequencing software like Agilent Technologies ChemStation sequences.
- Example control macros are provided for the Agilent Technologies GC/LC ChemStation, MSD ChemStation, and MassHunter GC/MS Acquisition.
- Multiple valves can be controlled if each valve is connected through it's own actuator control module on a unique serial or USB port (a multi-port serial expansion card or USB-to-RS-232 converter may be required to take advantage of this feature).
- You can enable an actuation counter independently for each valve in the configuration. When enabled the actuation count is incremented each time the valve is switched to a new position. This allows you to track rotor wear as part of a preventative maintenance program, for example. In addition, you can enable an actuation status warning that will notify you in the valve table and event log when the number of actuations on a particular valve exceeds a warning level.
The MPValve 5.0 Sequencer allows time-sequencing of Valco (VICI) multi-position and two-position switching valves.
- A valve sequence is defined by a series of "steps" that are executed sequentially. Step types include, "GotoPostion", "HoldPosition", "Increment", Decrement", and "GotoStep" (to create sequence loops).
- Sequence loops can be configured to repeat continuously, repeat for a specified number of cycles, or repeat until a specified run time has been reached.
- Multiple valves can be included in the sequence if each valve is connected through it's own actuator control module on a unique serial port (a multi-port serial expansion card or USB-to-RS232 converter may be required to take advantage of this feature).
- The MPValve 5.0 command-line interface allows external control of a sequence by other programs. Sequences can be started, stopped, and advanced to the next step through the command line interface.
- The MPValve 5.0 command-line interface also allows a complete sequence to be specified and run by an external program from the command line. You can create and test the sequence in the sequence editor, and the corresponding command line will be generated automatically for you.
MPValve 5.0 Enhancements
- The separate MPValve Controller and MPValve Sequencer programs are now combined into a single program.
- Both valve control and valve sequencing can be controlled by external programs using a command-line interface (previously only MPValve Controller allowed this).
- The sequencing engine has been completely redesigned and enhanced.
- Rather than just providing the limited “Simple Sequence” of MPValve Controller, you can now create and run a full sequence from the command line interface. In fact, you can create and test a sequence in the MPValve 5.0 sequence table and it will automatically generate the corresponding command line to use.
- You can also Start and Stop a sequence, and Advance a sequence to the next step using the command-line interface.
- MPValve 5.0 was designed to be compatible with current and future Windows operating systems.
The MPValve 5.0 software is compatible with Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10.
The .NET Framework 4.5.2 must be installed before trying to run MPValve 5.0. The .NET Framework will be installed
automatically, if necessary, when you install the software from the distribution media, or if you use the single-file
installer. If you use the web-based installer the .NET Framework 4.5.2 will be downloaded automatically if necessary.
Note: The .NET Framework 4.5.2 is included with all versions of the Windows 10 operating system
Valco/VICI Valve Actuator
The MPValve software is designed to interface to Valco/VICI valves using either the EMH EMT and EH/ET series
micro-electric actuators or the EUH, EUD and EUT series “Universal” actuators using the RS-232 or USB serial
communication interface. Please contact VICI for information about their valves and actuators.
Important: MPValve does not support the VICI “multidrop” cable.
VICI USB Driver
If you have the version of the Universal actuator with the USB interface, you will need to download and install the USB
Driver from the VICI web site. The driver allows the MPValve software to communicate with the actuator controller
over the USB interface as if it is a serial interface.
This software is distributed as a fully functional 30-day trial application. The trial version has all of the features of the registered version, but you will be reminded that you are running the trial version with a "nag" screen each time you start the application. At the end of the 30-day evaluation period the application will start, but will no longer switch valve positions unless you purchase a license or request a trial extension from Diablo Analytical. After purchasing a license, you will be provided with a serial license code that allows you to activate the software on a single computer.
Special pricing is available for upgrading previous versions of the MPValve software. You will need to provide proof of a previous version in order to receive this pricing.
See the Software Licensing Manual for more information on licensing and activation.
Current MPValve 5.0 Release
Release Date: 2021-10-05
The Web Installer will download any required run-time libraries automatically if they are not present on the computer. It is smaller in size, but requires an Internet connection. It is recommended when you are upgrading MPValve 5.0 to a newer version.
The Single-File Installer includes all required run-time libraries. Consequently, it is much larger in size compared to the Web Installer. It is recommended when the computer does not have Internet access.
MPValve 4.0 (Universal) Download
Although we recommend customers upgrade to MPValve 5.0, we are providing the installer for the final MPValve 4.0 (Universal) release as a courtesy to customers of previous versions of the software.
Diablo Analytical has released amajor new version of the MPValve software – MPValve 5.0. MPValve 5.0 combines the features of the MPValve Universal Controller and Sequencer programs from earlier versions of the software into a single application and adds enhanced sequencing capabilities. MPValve 5.0 Enhancements The separate MPValve Controller and MPValve Sequencer programs are now […]
- Online HTML Help - Browse an online version of the MPValve 5.0 manual.
- Latest Announcements – Check the latest announcements to see if your question might have been addressed by a software update or other communication.
- Other Support Options – Visit our Product Support page to see the other technical support options that are available.