The Diablo MPValve Universal software controls Valco Instruments (VICI) multi-position/selector valves and two-position/switching valves via RS-232 serial communications using either the micro-electric or universal actuator. The software consists of two applications: MPValve Controller and MPValve Sequencer. The MPValve Controller application allows both interactive and automated control of valve position, while MPValve Sequencer is a stand-alone valve sequencing application.
The MPValve Controller application allows both interactive and automated control of a Valco (VICI) multi-position and two-position switching valves using command-line parameters, Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) or ActiveX/COM programming. It is designed to provide a means to control a multi-position or two-position valve from a third-party sequencer or data system like the Agilent Technologies ChemStation.
- Allows the position of Valco Instruments (VICI) multi-position stream-select valves and two-position switching valves to be set easily through computer control.
- Valve position can be set interactively through the dialog box shown below.
- Valve position can also be set by calling the MPValve application with command-line parameters specifying the desired position. This allows the valve position to be set automatically from sequencing software like Agilent Technology's ChemStation sequences.
- Valve position can be programmed from another application using Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE).
- A simple sequence of valve positions and hold times can be executed via either the DDE or Command-line interfaces.
- Multiple valves can be controlled if each valve is connected through it's own actuator control module on a unique serial port (a multi-port serial expansion card or USB-to-RS-232 converter may be required to take advantage of this feature).
The MPValve Sequencer application is a stand-alone program that allows time-sequencing of Valco (VICI) multi-position and two-position switching valves.
- Each step in a sequence is defined by the valve, valve position, and the length of time to hold before proceeding to the next step.
- Both pre-run and post-run steps can be created to control the valve position both before and after the sequence runs.
- The sequence can be configured to stop after one cycle, repeat for a specified number of cycles, repeat until a specified run time has been reached, or run continuously.
- Multiple valves can be included in the sequence if each valve is connected through it's own actuator control module on a unique serial port (a multi-port serial expansion card or USB-to-RS232 converter may be required to take advantage of this feature).
MPValve requires a computer running Windows XP Professional or Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit). The computer must also have one free serial port for each valve that is to be controlled.
Valco (VICI) Actuator
The MPValve software is designed to interface to Valco/VICI valves using either the EMH /EMT and EH/ET series micro-electric actuators or the EUH and EUT series “Universal” actuators using the RS-232 serial communication interface. Please contact VICI for information about their valves and actuators: http://www.vici.com
Important Note: MPValve Universal is a free upgrade for existing customers running licensed versions of the MPValve 3.0 or earlier. However, those customers will have to request a new activation code for the software. Please contact Diablo Analytical for more information.
Antivirus Notice: If your antivirus software warns you that downloading one of our installers is unsafe, please read this post.
|Current Release (MPValve Universal)|
|MPValve Universal Installation Program||126.96.36.199||Installs a fully-functional 30-day evaluation copy of MPValve, or updates a registered-users copy to the latest version.|
|MPValve Universal Reference Manual||The MPValve Universal reference manual in Adobe PDF format.|
|MPValve Universal Release Notes||The release notes for the latest version of the software.|
|Diablo Software License Guide||A guide that describes the software licensing and activation process for this software|
|Previous Version (MPValve 3.0)|
|MPValve 3.0 Installation Program||3.0.8 SR1
|Installs a fully-functional 30-day evaluation copy of MPValve, or updates a registered-users copy to the latest version.|
|MPValve 3.0 Release Notes||3.0.8 SR1
|The release notes for the latest version of the software.|
Contact us if you would prefer to receive a MPValve evaluation CD-ROM instead of downloading the files over the web.
Important note for existing MPValve Customers: The licensing scheme for MPValve was changed with the release of MPValve Universal (Version 4.0). You will need to request a new activation code from Diablo Analytical if you install the software. See the Software License Activation Guide for more information
Licensing and Purchasing
This software is distributed as a fully functional 30-day evaluation application. The evaluation version has all of the features of the registered version, but you will be reminded that you are running the evaluation version with a "nag" screen each time you start the application. At the end of the 30-day evaluation period the application will no longer start unless you purchase a license or request an evaluation extension from Diablo Analytical. After purchasing a license, you will be provided with an unlock code that converts the evaluation copy of the software to a fully-licensed copy. See the Software License Activation Guide for more information.
Pricing and Purchasing
A single computer license is $495 plus any applicable sales tax and shipping and handling. You can purchase a license from our web store.
Contact us directly to purchase the software with a purchase order or to get a quote for multi-computer licensing prices. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Purchase Orders from approved companies.
MPValve Universal Support
- Latest Announcements – Check the latest announcements to see if your question might have been addressed by a software update or other communication.
- Support Forum and FAQs - Check the Support Forum or Frequently Asked Questions to see if your question might have been answered. You can also post your question to the support forum where technical support personnel and other users can respond.
- Software License Activation – Learn how to activate your software and submit an activation request from our online activation request form.
- Other Support Options – Visit our Product Support page to see the other technical support options that are available.