Please consider registering
July 19, 2012
1. After successfully activating the software license, close and then restart the software before trying to process results automatically from your chromatography data system.
2. Always start the EZReporter Software before trying to process results automatically from your chromatography data system.
3. For Natural gas Analysis, Make sure that you have set the pressure base in each configuration file you use to the correct value for your location or your contracts. The pressure base used for calculations is often agreed to contractually with your customers.
4. If you customize one of the default configuration files by changing any of the settings in the configuration editor, you should save it to a different file name using the “Save As” option in order to prevent it from being overwritten when you install a new version of the software.
5. Always save backup copies of your configuration file and export template file (if you use this feature) to a flash drive or other secure location that is not located on the same hard drive as the EZReporter software. This will allow you to recover quickly from a hard drive failure. Make new backup copies whenever you make any changes to the configuration or export template. The latest versions of EZReporter have a menu option that makes it convenient to backup your configuration files to a date and time-stamped zip file.
6. In order for the EZReporter software to process results from your chromatography data system properly, it is important that the component names in the “Components” tab of the configuration editor match the component names in your chromatography data system peak tables. One hint that you may have mismatched component names is if the component mole% is reported as 0 in EZReporter, while it is non-zero in the your chromatography data system results for that sample.
7. For Natural gas Analysis, if you want the EZReporter to report “Saturated” results in addition to “Dry” results, simply add “Water” as a component to the component list in the configuration.
8. For Natural Gas Analysis, the physical properties for “Hexanes Plus” are calculated based on a 60/30/10 ratio of the individual physical properties of n-hexane, n-heptane, and n-octane. If you want to use some other ratio for your own calculations, we have provided an Excel spreadsheet, “Hexanes Plus Factors.XLS”, in the EZReporter installation folder to facilitate this.
9. Make sure that you have configured and calibrated your GC in your chromatography data system, and are generating accurate mole% results before sending results to EZReporter.
Most Users Ever Online: 47
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members:Richardrig, AndrewOpity, AlbertoAlulk, Matthewerymn, WillieDog, Scottvialt, VPSMasterHeasy, FreddieTon, Nym2macoava, OctavioMob
Administrators: Web Dev: 0, Diablo Analytical: 25